Monday, July 9, 2012

Relief from the HEAT!!!!!

Hi 90   Lo 67

Normally 90 degrees in central Indiana would be considered hot but not after last week.  Triple temperature weather made working a bit of a challenge.   There are some daily task that we must do and I strive to complete while other duties were delayed.  The most important task was keeping the pool up and running.

With the 4th being on Wednesday the park attendance was a little different.  We had a good numbers of rv's  for both weekends.  On Thursday, our daughter and son in law came to visit from Michigan for a couple of days.  We got them a spot right next to the pool which had shade.  Since I was still on duty I made sure they got parked and continued my shift.   Later my Grandson came to stay. He rode his motorcycle down from Michigan.  I was checking out his ride and loved how low the seat was to the ground.  For those that know me understands that I'm vertically challenged and this was one bike I thought that I could set on and still put my feet on the ground. I painfully got my leg over the seat and laid it up against a very hot exhaust pipe on the other side.  Needless to say I left a little skin on the pipe. I now have a very sore place that will remind me of this day for a while.   That evening they joined Sherry and I for dinner and refreshments. 

After my shift  Friday the kids wanted me to join them for a swim.  I changed into my trunks and walked to their site.  They were relaxing in their AC so I chilled while consuming my favorite beverage.  I got to noticing that a pop up trailer on the next lot was having trouble getting their top up.  After a few tries I started to feel sorry for them and went to give some help.  One of the problems with this type of RV is that part of the lifting system are cables that sometimes breaks which was their problem.  They were about to hitch it back up and go back to Illinois.  I took some measurements and cut some boards to size. We man handled the top up and supported it with the boards. Weekend saved.  Now on to the pool.  The water was so warm it was not refreshing.  After about an hour it was time for a call from Sherry telling me she was on her way home.  Problem was that when I got involved with said trailer repair I put my phone in my pocket.  (You know where this is going.)   No call, no phone,  no way!  It was toast.  OH well!   Jennifer had prepared a pot of pulled pork for our dinner.  YUM  The evening closed with several cocktails and conversation.

The kids prepared breakfast for us before they started packing up for their return to Michigan.  It not often we can just spend time with them.  It was a great visit.  We love you guys!   Saturday evening the park shot off fireworks.  I was on fire watch since the grass was so dry.  All went as planned and no fires to worry about.   It was a good show.

On Sunday our Niece and Nephew from Columbus came up for a visit and dinner.  We enjoyed rib eyes on the grill with some sides and then drove to Culver's for Ice cream.  I was very full and happy.  

It's been great having family visiting the last two weeks.  I hope that everyone had a great Independence Day

Celebration in Wayne's World

1 comment: