Thursday, January 2, 2014

My Patience Grows Shorter with Age

Kerrville, Texas

 

Before I start I want to wish Happy Birthday to my sister Debbie. 

I had a follow up appointment on Monday with the podiatrist at 2:45.   I didn’t feel that it would take very long to find out what he would say so Sherry went along with me. She stayed in the truck while I went in   With us only being here for a couple more weeks getting anything done would be slim. Anyway I go in and the waiting room is full with people standing up cause there wasn’t enough chairs.  I knew there was only one doctor and I was only 5 minutes early for my appointment so what was the story on the rest of these folks.  I waited to 3:30 and only 2 people had been called in and I was able to see that the doctor was moving from one room to the next very quickly.  I asked the man that was seated next to me how long he had been waiting and he had been there over a hour.  I know that I retired and should have all the time in the world but remember Sherry is waiting in the truck.  I received an appointment last week while I was in his office and I arrived on time.  I asked the receptionist about my wait and she just said that they were running behind.  I’m sorry but my time is just as valuable as his.  I said I wasn’t waiting and she wanted to reschedule my appointment and I said no thanks and left.  I was some what steamed.

Next we went to WalMart to pick up a refill and get a few groceries.  I go to the pharmacy while Sherry does her thing.  I waited my turn and got to the counter.  The clerk pulled up my name and got my order.  She shook her head and said that the cost would be $145. plus change.  I never pay more than $35.00 for the same script.  I said something is wrong and she checks the screen.  There was no insurance information listed.  Sherry carries our insurance and they needed the card.  I said that all the info was in the computer at Indianapolis and they should just pull it across but NOOOOO.  They must have the card.  I leave the counter to go find Sherry. Remember WE ARE IN WALMART!!!!   It’s huge!  I did find her and got the script card, return to the pharmacy only to stand in line again. I eventually get back to the counter, hand the card to the same clerk and she says it will take 15 to 20 minutes to get the approval from the insurance. I would have to wait again.  My blood is starting to boil.  Sure enough after about ten minutes my name is called and I have my meds.  I found Sherry and said I had had enough. We got in a check out and left.  I couldn’t believe how such a good day could get upside down.  We got home and I soon settled down to enjoy the rest of my day.

We had no plans for New Years and enjoyed some R and R. Sherry spent some of her time cleaning  out more closets and cabinets.  We seem to accumulate more than we need.  I rearranged the outside storage for the new refrigerator.  It was the next size up from what I had.  II ‘m very happy with the result and moved on to the next project.   I put in a new kitchen faucet last winter and over the  last week the cold water was running slower.  The problem was only in the kitchen.  I shut the water off and tore the valve assemble apart. I soon found the issue.  The cold water port was completely clogged with sediment.  I clean all the ports and put everything back together and we have good water flow again. Good job Wayne! ( No arm was harmed patting myself on the back!)

We went into San Antonio today to attend the South Texas RV Show at the coliseum,  We saw many nice units but we are still very pleased with our 5th wheel.  We did see a couple Class A motorhomes that could be our next change in the future.  We had lunch and drove back to Kerrville.

Sherry worked some today and will need to get a full day tomorrow.  I have one more job to complete on the trailer so I will try to work that in between the dogs, reading, TV, and ZZZZZZZZZ.  I must pace myself.

Life is never dull in Wayne’s World!

1 comment:

  1. Save your time, buy lab report online from reliable sources and benefit from affordable lab report writer help online!

    ReplyDelete