Monday, December 2, 2013

I Got The Message

Villa Ridge, Missouri

I have been told by my friend Kathleen and my Daughter that it was time to get back to posting so here we go.

We enjoyed Thanksgiving with family at my brother Joe's house on Thursday.  Attendance was rather low this year due to illness and other family commitments.  My daughter and family was unable to attend due to only having Thursday off and a 12 hour round trip was out of the question.  My son had plans with his girlfriend. 

We was awake much too early on Friday morning.  5AM OMG!!!   I guess I was excited to get packed up and start our winter trip.  Indiana weather had been rather cold the last two weeks. I took care of the office and fed the horses while Sherry finished the inside.  We got hitched up and backed out of our summer lot, filled our water tank at the office since park water has been off for more than a week and pulled out of the park at 10:23 AM.

Now most people would point their windshield to the south but not me and Sherry. NOOOOOOOO!  We head the truck and trailer north on I 65 for a five hour trip.  Our destination was Illinois Beach State Park in Zion, Illinois. We spent three days with Sherry's sister Jane's family.  Blythe, Scott, and James were also there for the weekend.   Every day seem to just fly by. 

The GPS finally figured our which way was South.  Morning temps at the lake was 22 degrees. We had a quick breakfast and got on the road a little past 8 this morning.  We normally only travel about 250 miles per day but today was almost 400.   All went well except for missing out exit in St Louis which caused us to go a little out of our way.  We arrived at Pin Oak Creek RV Park at 4:15 and got set up just before dark.  Temp was much improved at 54.

Sherry created a mighty tasty dinner using leftovers and baking some salmon.  Walked the dogs and into pj's.  Now we are in our element.  The dogs have already crashed.  Too much back seat time I guess.

I will try to talk about my summer during the next few weeks so that all can see what has been going on in Wayne's World

1 comment:

  1. Yeah welcome back and looking forward to more posts about your adventures. Safe travels and continue to follow the sun!

    ReplyDelete