Saturday, February 11, 2012

Glad we changed our minds !

hi 57 lo 46

We originally had decided to stay at Bay View RV Park in Rockport for the month.  Upon reading my blogs I read that Verizon phone and internet at this park was non-existing.  We were very lucky to get a spot at Hatch RV in Corpus Christi on short notice.  We went over to Rockport today to check out this park along with others.  I have to say that I wouldn't stay at that park anyway.  We are in a much better place. 

We had a great BBQ lunch at Stevie Lews BBQ Kitchen.  We both had pulled pork with sides toped off with hot peach cobler and ice cream.  Won't need dinner tonight.


We headed north across the bay to see the Big Tree at Goose Island State park.  It is beleved to be more than a 1000 years old.  We also visited the Stella Maris Chapel.  This was the first church built in Aransas County over 100years ago.  We also walked through Lamar Cemetery which dates back into the 1700's.  I  was saddened by the numbers of very young children that had died at a very young age. 
Sherry in front of THE BIG TREE



We drove along the coast on our return to Rockport and saw pelicans, cranes , and many other birds.  Rockport is located along the bay coast and is a mix of modern as old town charm.

We returned to the trailer and I went to the Patio for happy hour while Sherry relaxed.  We took the dogs for a walk and retired for the evening. 

 It has been a great day in Wayne's World

No comments:

Post a Comment