Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Where did the time go?

Hi 80   Lo 68

I can't believe that it has been 3 months since we let Indianapolis for our winter trip to Texas.  We are very happy with our visits to three different regions.  Hill country, the valley, and now the gulf coast.  As with all things our journey back to Indiana will start tomorrow.  I start my first work-kamper assignment at Indy KOA on March 13. 

Yesterday I started the task of getting the outside of the trailer ready for travel.  I lubed the slide out rails, cleaned the leveler rams, emptied the holding tanks, and checked the air pressure in the tires.  One thing that I must learn to do better is putting things back in the proper place every time I use it.  The storage area was a mess.  I got it all taken care of and made some changes to use what space we have better.

When Sherry finished work we needed printer ink and some grocieies. We went to Office Max than to Walmart. We planned to put something on the grill but I lost interest so we went to Fuddruckers.  We love their hamburgers and seasoned fries.  We got back in time to watch the Daytona 500.  I stayed up till the end which was after midnight here in Texas.  Needless to say I was slow starting today.

The other 2 RV parks we stayed in were large parks with planned activities every day.  The park here in Corpus is a very small park near the down town area.  There is a core group of people that have been coming here for several years.  There are no park sponsored activities so this core group does their own thing.   On Monday and Wednesday mornings there is a computer class.  Coffee and Doughnuts on Tuesday.  Ice Cream on Thursday and Bingo on Saturday evening.  Everyday at 4 is Happy Hour.  Everyone brings their beverage of choice and some one always brings snacks.  We tend to eat a lot.

Well... Today is Tuesday so off to have my doughnuts at 9.  Of coarse I had breakfast with Sherry too.

I did some cleaning inside the trailer and made my way to Happy Hour.  Several people from our group are also leaving this week.  It was decided that we would go to dinner together so off we went at 5 to Fuddruckers.  Two nights in a row.  We really like this group and have enjoyed this area the best.  Life is good.

Sherry and I gave out hugs and said our see you later.  We plan to leave around 9 in the morning so off to bed a little earlier tonight. 

New Orleans is our next adventure

Many new friends has come to Wayne's World.

No comments:

Post a Comment