Hi 78 Lo 58
Yesterday was a energy draining day. The temp was supposed to reach 80 with possible afternoon rain so I got an earlier than scheduled start on the day. I stained 2 outdoor gliders for the lodges. Dave wanted to concentrate our efforts on getting 5 more deluxe sites ready. He had poured new patios and we needed to remove the forms, bring in dirt to fill in and get some grass seed and straw down. Not an easy job for a stubby fat boy.
I returned to the trailer after the work day ended and sat down for a few minutes. Well guess what. Two hours later Sherry is calling to say she is on her way home and I promised to have dinner ready. Not!!! I hustled and made one of my classic pizzas and was only a few minutes late. We sat down to watch a little TV but all we had was a message that stated "searching for satellite". I go out to check out the dish and readjusted and readjusted and readjusted. No luck. We changed to the house antenna to get local TV.
Today was my first day off. When I interviewed with Dave last August I had told him that I volunteered at our church food pantry and he said that he would make sure that I could continue. I got an early start today. Took the dogs to the groomer, took Sherry to work and went to the pantry. I was happily greeted back than got instruction on what I was to do. My shift ended at noon. Next event was to feed my belly than get the truck to Capitol City Ford for an oil change. It was about 1000 miles overdue. By the time they finished it was time to pick up the dogs. I got back to the trailer a little past 3:00. I decided to take the satellite completely down, move it to a different location, set it back up. Well I only have about half the channels and of coarse calling teck support is a joke. Now its time to fetch Sherry. Tomorrow I will contact a local repair person to come out and get the TV and Direct TV equipment talking to each other again. Too much for a day off.
Week signal in Wayne's World!
sounds like they have you workin' hard! Don't they know to take it easy on us pudgy retired guys! LOL.
ReplyDeleteWe have been doing a lot of family stuff and taking care of errands. Looking forward to starting our jobs soon as well.
Keep up the good work on the blog, enjoy reading it.
Phil (and Rudee too)
Hey Phil, I don't expect to be pudgy for long. I'm probably working harder than what is expected. At this point I'm the only workamper and we are already getting busy. This position only calls for 20 hours per week and I going to have about 28 by end of day tomorrow. Dave told me today that I'm working more than agreed. I can't stop when an assigment os not completed. More help will arrive next week. I am enjoying what I'm doing.
ReplyDeleteWayne