Hi 72 Lo 55
We left Greenfield, Indiana on November 30, 2011. My goal was to be somewhere warm without snow, ice, and cold weather. Shortly after arriving in Kerrville, Texas the weather turned to winter like. Cold, rain, and temps below freezing at times. What gives? There were days that Indiana had better weather than we were. I say this to explain that we have little control in what happens in our lives. Sherry has this saying : We plan God laughs. We made a lot of plans for our stay in the south. What we really did was to live one day at a time.
We prepared most meals in our home, we did laundry, we vacuum carpet, we washed windows, wash dishes just like most every person does in homes anywhere. Just living a plain old normal life. The big difference is our home goes with us. Sherry worked 40 hours a week just like she would have if in the office at IUPUI. In the evenings and weekends we took short trips to enjoy attractions that we found interesting. Most Sundays we attended church and went out for lunch.
In reading a travel blog most of what is entered is the attractions. This blog has been pretty much the same. We will be returning to Greenfield this Saturday. Another fact is that we have been living in our trailer almost a year. Our trip is almost to the end, but our journey will continue.
I've been thinking about the past year and the events that I will remember. Sherry and I made some major adjustments that has enriched both our lives together. We have experienced places and done things that most people only dream about. We have shared sadness with the loss of 5 family members. We have made new friends. We have camped in 14 states. We went into Mexico. We have spent days moving through crowds of people and we have set alone beside a lake where all you could hear was crickets and frogs. It's been a very good year and we both have been so blessed.
I will turn sixty this week. The days grow shorter even though they are still 24 hours long. I have accumulated many treasures over the years none of which have any money value. I can't sell or give any away. I know that God has placed so much beauty into this land and has a plan for each of us. With his grace I have been able to slow down enough to start smelling the Roses.
I leave you with two photos I took tonight.
Thanks for listening to Wayne's World
No comments:
Post a Comment