Hi 79 Lo 62
Can you believe this weather. When we left Texas, our thoughts were to be returning to Indiana cold and possibly snow. You never know about early March. Several days of record highs. Hope that doesn't hold true for summer.
Yesterday we decided that since we are staying put for the summer we would do a few things to make our little spot a bit more comfortable. I put our our mat on the patio. It only covers about half but does define a setting area, plus the dogs like to be on it. I staked down the awning, put the bird feeders out and got all our chairs out. We went to Home Depot to get a nice pot and some flowers to add color to our outside living room. Sherry also picked up some herbs for another pot. It feels better.
Today started my second week here at KOA. We have another workamper now. Terry came in yesterday and should start his first day tomorrow. I got my daily assignments and went straight to work. I quickly figured out that all the hard work from last week was paying dividends now. The same task were taking much less time to maintain. I actually got a big project out of the way and still finished my day on time. I wasn't as tired at the end of my shift. Don't tell my boss!
The weekend campers are gone but I'm making friends with those that are here for an extended stay. I was resting on the patio and enjoying a beverage when a vehicle pull up beside the trailer and the driver shouted out my name and said that I looked too comfortable. She also commented about the flowers and the patio.
She and her husband will be here for awhile as she is helping her daughter through a health issue.
Sherry got her hair cut after work. I liked it but she is waiting till tomorrow to see if she can make it look the same. We'll see.
Another good thing about today is the new season of Dancing With The Stars was tonight. I got hooked on the show 4 seasons ago and couldn't wait. This new group of stars is the best so far. Monday and Tuesday nights just got better for TV viewing.
Happy in Wayne's World
We're so happy you are enjoying your experience at KOA. We were workampers there a couple of years ago and stayed in your same spot.
ReplyDeleteWe will be coming to Indy to see family and friends for three weeks. Save us a nice spot. We are looking forward to meeting you.
We know the other two couples who will be arriving shortly. Y'all will make a great crew. Say hi to Dave for us.
I am very happy with my decision to work here this season. Thanks for your e-mail which made me more comfortable.
DeleteWe will looking forward to your visit. Safe Journey
Wayne